Dental Hygiene – Mount Pleasant, SC
Preserve Oral Health & Find New Reasons to Smile
Everyone over the age of four should visit the dentist for a professional hygiene appointment twice per year. Our gentle hygienists will inspect your gums for periodontal disease, the leading cause of tooth loss for American adults. Our hygienists are specially trained to detect, deter, and treat gum disease. We prefer to help you maintain optimal oral health through professional dental hygiene, so you never have to worry about this condition. However, if you develop periodontal problems, we are here to help you. Contact us today.
Why Choose Smile Carolina Dental Group for Dental Hygiene?
- Thorough, Personalized Approach to Dental Care
- Focus on Patient Education
- Relaxing, Spacious Dental Office
What Should I Expect During My Dental Cleaning?
If we find cause for concern, we may recommend that you change your oral healthcare routine or the products you use at home. We may also suggest a deep cleaning, which involves:
- Scaling to remove tartar from below the gumline
- Root planing to smooth rough root surfaces where plaque builds up
- Antibiotic treatment to kill bacterial infection