Onlays & Inlays – Mount Pleasant, SC
Strong, Attractive, and Safe Tooth Repair
Sometimes, a tooth has a cavity or other damaged area that is too large to be restored with a filling but not quite severe enough to warrant a dental crown. In these cases, we can often make your tooth look and feel as good as it once did by placing dental inlays and onlays. To learn more about this method of strong, attractive, and safe tooth repair, contact the team at Smile Carolina Dental Group. Dr. Johnson would love to help you smile!
Why Choose Smile Carolina Dental Group for Onlays & Inlays?
- Digital Impression System – No Uncomfortable Putty!
- Relaxing Dental Office with State-of-the-Art Technology
- Team of Experienced Doctors Focused on Your Comfort
Difference Between Inlays & Onlays
- Onlays – Onlays are used to repair severely damaged teeth. They restore the area inside the cusp (upper part of a tooth) and extend over one or more sides of the tooth. Because of their size, they are usually made of porcelain.
- Inlays: Inlays are used to restore a tooth from the inside. They are a conservative tooth restoration, which means they require far less drilling and preparation of a tooth than a metal filling. Inlays are usually made of porcelain or composite resin, making them invisible in your smile.
Onlays and inlays are fabricated in a dental laboratory based on impressions that we take of your teeth. The final result will fit perfectly and can be just as strong as natural teeth.